Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a treatment designed to help alleviate symptoms of low testosterone, menopause, adrenal and thyroid imbalances, insulin resistance, metabolic irregularities, and other health concerns using bioidentical hormones in Atlanta.
Hormones are the body’s natural communication method and require a delicate balance to function properly. In some conditions, the hormonal system in the human body malfunctions, leading to a long list of highly unpleasant symptoms. Many patients who visit a holistic doctor in Atlanta complain of uncomfortable issues due to hormonal imbalances in the body.
BHRT is an available treatment option for both male and female patients to increase their overall quality of life with bioidentical hormones in Atlanta. Mainly used to help women who are menopausal or perimenopausal, the bioidentical hormones are manufactured from chemically identical plant hormones; thus, the name natural hormone replacement therapy is also in general use.
Have you considered using bioidentical hormones in Atlanta? Learn more about getting BHRT at Revive Atlanta MD here. Keep reading to learn more about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy and its benefits.
Components of Bioidentical Hormones in Atlanta
Most bioidentical hormones are manufactured by popular drug companies, but some pharmacies also create compounded bioidentical hormones on doctor’s orders. The most commonly replicated and used hormones in BHRT include:
The hormones mentioned above are the primary regulators of sexual growth and maturation, development of brain functions, nutrition usage, and many other vital processes in the human body. An imbalance in their levels can cause a wide range of uncomfortable and undesired symptoms leading to poor quality of life in the adult age groups.
Key Benefits of BHRT
Any holistic doctor in Atlanta will tell you how beneficial BHRT is for patients with hormonal imbalances. The bioidentical hormones can significantly increase the quality of life for people by helping them experience numerous benefits as follows:
- Better Sleep
- Most sleeping disturbances occur in women in perimenopausal or postmenopausal stages, during which they can suffer from insomnia and increased mood swings. Application of BHRT can rebalance the hormonal levels and significantly reduce nights sweats and hot flashes to give you a good night’s sleep, every night.
- Healthier Skin
- Deficiency of hormones can also contribute to rapid aging of the skin cells leading to thinner skin layers, more wrinkles, increased dryness, decreased elasticity, more pimples, rashes, and irritation. BHRT has shown drastically soothing dermal effects to revitalize the skin.
- Thicker Hair Growth
- Hair growth is also affected drastically during andropause in men and menopause in women. BHRT has been effective in restoring hormonal imbalance that can cause rapid thinning of hair due to a higher hair fall rate and follicular breakdown.
- Stronger Sex Drive
- Sex hormones are responsible for the natural sex drive or libido of individuals. BHRT can help balance out these vital hormones to avoid various undesirable symptoms like vaginal dryness and pain during sexual intercourse, which may even lead to a complete loss of interest in sex.
- Better Mental Clarity
- Recent studies have found that BHRT can reduce mood swings, irritability, anxiety, and brain fogging to help stabilize mental functions and memory. A regular sleep cycle also helps maintain a better overall mood in patients.
- Higher Energy Levels
- A healthy lifestyle, adequate sleep, balanced diet, exercise, and stress reduction in conjunction with replenished hormone levels with BHRT can improve overall energy levels drastically.
At first glance, it may seem like BHRT is only beneficial for female patients, but the truth is that it can be just as helpful for males. Most men who have taken bioidentical hormones in Atlanta have shared many benefits like:
- Heightened Libido
- Testosterone in men is closely associated with sexual drive and libido. Boosting the level of testosterone via BHRT can bring back the vigor, excitement, and appeal of sex in andropausal men.
- Reduced Body Fat
- Progesterone is responsible for converting stored body fat into energy, while testosterone works to break down fat stored in the abdomen region in men. Hence, an imbalance in the levels of these hormones can make reducing body fat extremely hard but can be managed with BHRT.
- Increased Muscle Mass
- Men are more muscular by nature due to the higher levels of testosterone in comparison to women. Since the testosterone level is directly proportional to muscle mass, boosting it with BHRT can result in better quality muscles in the body.
- Improved Overall Mood
- Similar to the mood-altering effects of hormonal imbalance in women, andropausal men can also experience mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats, and insomnia, resulting in an overall bad mood and increased irritation. BHRT can result in improving overall mood.
- Enhanced Energy Levels
- Hormonal levels in virile men are the source of maintaining their energy levels throughout the day. As they grow older and near andropause, the hormonal imbalances can reduce the adequate energy in unison with various other undesired symptoms.
Are you interested in getting bioidentical hormones in Atlanta? Contact us here.
Side Effects of BHRT
Apart from all the fantastic health benefits of BHRT, research has also shown that any hormone replacement therapy, natural or traditional, can increase the risk of medical conditions like:
- Breast Cancer
- Blood Clot
- Heart Disease
- Gallbladder Illness
Additionally, some specific side effects are also commonly associated with BHRT, especially in the starting days when your body is getting accustomed to the bioidentical hormones in Atlanta. These common side effects include:
- More facial hair in women
- Breast Tenderness
- Weight Gain
- Mood Swings
Tenderness in breasts, more bloating, and rapid weight gain is the most reported side effects of bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. If any such symptoms start showing, you should immediately contact your holistic doctor in Atlanta to manage these symptoms.
Forms of Bioidentical Hormones in Atlanta
Bioidentical hormones used in BHRT are manufactured and derived from plant estrogens. Since these hormones are chemically identical to the hormones the human body produces, they offer a safer and more natural alternative to synthetic hormones.
Bioidentical hormones in Atlanta come in various shapes and sizes as follows:
Which form of bioidentical hormones suits your lifestyle and needs can only be determined with the help of a holistic doctor in Atlanta. After detailed discussions and some preliminary testing, BHRT specialists will start a specific bioidentical hormone regimen under regular monitoring and supervision.
Our concierge healthcare plans allow 24/7 access to a private holistic doctor in Atlanta, virtual appointments, and much more. Learn more here.
Who Needs BHRT?
- Apart from perimenopausal and menopausal women, some other groups can also benefit significantly from treatment with bioidentical hormones in Atlanta.
- Cancer patients undergoing complex chemical treatments that cause hormonal imbalances are great candidates for BHRT.
- Men who suffer from age-related sexual issues or andropause that may cause some uncomfortable symptoms can also be treated to significant effects.
- BHRT is also beneficial in treating conditions like insulin resistance, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, and adrenal or thyroid disorders.
Why prefer BHRT over HRT?
Traditional HRT practices used synthetic hormones derived from equine urine to treat hormone imbalances in men and women. Since the FDA placed warnings over the use of artificial hormones, almost every holistic doctor in Atlanta struggled to find better and safer ways of replacing human hormones.
BHRT rose from the ashes of controversy to offer a safe and natural solution to traditional HRT. The bioidentical hormones are plant-based and identical to naturally produced bodily hormones, thus considered safer than synthetic HRT.
- Monitoring hormone levels simply through blood and saliva tests are not very reliable as they only provide data corresponding to the hormone levels at the time of testing. These levels can vary widely throughout the day at any moment.
- The FDA also recommends opting for BHRT that uses the lowest hormone dosage for the least time possible to produce significant effects without any considerable side effects.